3/02/2018

Tree of Life and Adding Some Sparkle to Your Card

Happy Friday!  Easter is about a month away!  The card I have for you goes together quickly and is perfect if you love sparkle.  I've used the cottage Cutz Spring Tree of Life die which is so sweet and makes a wonderful focal point for a lovely background.
I love to play with inks while creating backgrounds.  For this card  I used Distress Oxide inks and blended stripes going from green through a blue-violet.
When I was happy with my blend, I cut a rectangle for my card front 4  x 5 1/4 inches.  I decided my blend would go side to side rather than top to bottom.
I made a white A2 side fold card base.  I also cut a panel 4 1/4  x 5 1/2 inches from a glitter cardstock.  I wanted this to be a sparkly border  for my blended panel.
Most items do not adhere well to glitter cardstock.  In order for my blended panel to adhere well to the glitter cardstock I used an old trick.  I took a fairly large rectangle die and made my glitter panel into a frame.  By doing this I can glue my blended panel to the front of the card, not the glitter.  Any rectangular die that is fairly large will work - you could even use an oval!  As an added bonus you have a nice size scrap of glitter cardstock to use on something else.

I die cut the image and the sentiment from white cardstock and used a shimmer pen to add some glitz.  (I actually used two coats for extra sparkle.)  Then I adhered both to the blended panel.  Finally I added some clear glitter enamel dots to the side of the sentiment.
This card really sparkles in person.


Thanks for visiting today!  Click here to sign up for email notifications of future posts  (you will be sent an email to verify your address - don't forget this step).  Follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment